Now open

The weekend of March 2-4, 2012, the completion of the Santiago Calatrava-designed Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge was celebrated with a flourish.
  • The Trinity Commons Foundation and Dallas Running Club staged their annual Trinity River Levee Run to include the first chance for the public to walk or run across the bridge.

  • The Trinity Trust and the City of Dallas produced the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Celebration with concerts, fireworks, an on-bridge street fair and a sunrise dedication ceremony.

  • And volunteers for the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce produced Bridge-o-Rama, a collection of fifty events that celebrated the past, present and future of West Dallas. 
On March 29, 2012, the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge officially opened to vehicular traffic. Here's a map that can help get you to the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in Dallas.

Be sure to also visit these other Trinity River Corridor Project amenities now open to the public:

  Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge
Originally called the Lamar-McKinney Viaduct, the 1932 vehicular bridge was converted to a pedestrian crossing and reopened as the Continental Avenue Pedestrian Bridge in 2014. In 2015, the bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places.

On June 4, 2016, the crossing was renamed the Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge, after former Dallas Mayor and United States Trade Representative, Ambassador Ron Kirk.
109 Continental Avenue, Dallas

  Felix H. Lozada, Sr. Gateway
Opened in 2014, and originally dedicated as the West Dallas Gateway, the plaza was renamed the Felix H. Lozada, Sr. Gateway on July 3, 2016, after a long-time neighborhood leader.
109 Continental Avenue, Dallas

  Trinity Skyline Trail
The Trinity Skyline Trail opened in 2014 and is a 12-foot-wide hard surface that caters to both hikers and bikers. The trail and extends along the Trinity River for 4.6 miles.
109 Continental Avenue, Dallas

  Sylvan Avenue Bridge
Opened in 2014, the Sylvan Avenue Bridge, replaced a low-water crossing of the Trinity River that was closed in August, 2012.
3418 Sylvan Ave., Dallas

  Moore Park
The Moore Park pavilion has picnic tables, an amphitheater, and a 25-foot cantilevered overlook with views toward Cedar Creek. It opened in 2013.
1837 E. 8th St., Dallas

  Santa Fe Trestle
The Santa Fe Trestle Trail crosses the Trinity River on an 1879 train trestle which was adapted for pedestrian use and opened in 2012.
2295 S. Riverfront Blvd., Dallas

  Trinity River Audubon Center
Opened in 2008, the Trinity River Audubon Center, once an illegal dump site, is today an 120-acre environmental asset.
6500 Great Trinity Forest Way, Dallas

  The Texas Buckeye Trail
The Texas Buckeye Trail is a natural surface nature trail that meanders into the Trinity River's hardwood bottomland forest.
7000 Bexar Street, Dallas

  Trinity Overlook Park
Opened in 2008, the Overlook provides a sheltered viewpoint for the Dallas skyline and an overview of the Trinity project.  
North Beckley Ave. at West Commerce St.

"Blue egrets skim the surface with their wing tips. Perch drift under the bow. A family of plump beavers bursts from a burrow along the bank and splashes into the water. As we reach the outskirts of downtown, the Trinity snakes into an apparently forsaken urban wilderness. We paddle on."

Texas Observer
2009 is a project of the Trinity Commons Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization | About us | Join us | Contribute to us | Contact us
Administrative | Privacy policy and legal information